View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:19 AM
look3467

The word "bottomless" gives the notion of a depth so far that hope becomes impossible.

The word "hell" is a place of separation.
Combining them both is a bottomless pit, or complete separation with no possibility of release.

A prisoner, if you will.

Jesus had to go there ref:
Psa 28:1 <A Psalm of David.> Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

In order to liberate the prisoners from day one of humanity, Jesus had to go and present Himself to them in the pit, the place of separation, hell, the bottomless hopeless place, and deliver them out of it.

Ref: Two gates

Isa 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

Exo 27:19 All the vessels of the tabernacle in all the service thereof, and all the pins thereof, and all the pins of the court, shall be of brass.
For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

Of Iron:
Psa 107:10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;

Of Brass:
Exo 27:19 All the vessels of the tabernacle in all the service thereof, and all the pins thereof, and all the pins of the court, shall be of brass.

Iron is alluded to things under heaven and brass to things in heaven, therefore verse Psa 107:10 gives us a clue that both gates were broke open when Jesus paid the price.

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Praise be to God.

Peace>>>AJ