View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 PM

Default Who Are Those Guys???

Pardon the cheeky reference to a line from a movie, but it seemed apropos. Reason being is, at times, I wonder who I am, and wonder if it matters along with wondering what and why people ask me some of the things they do. As of 3 years ago I know I have given myself wholly over to God through Jesus Christ, I know that the KJV is the real deal hands down, I know I have a one of the best Bibles out there for study (Thompson) and just bought a Ryrie this very evening as my Christmas gift to me because of you folks here so that is covered, got a Strong's and ESword, and I love the God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. Here is the thing...I love to study and research as I ponder God's word and have used as a part of my study the teachings of John MacArthur. I use his study Bible (NKJV until recently because Thomas Nelson figured it would sell better than what John uses, the NASB) and recently was given his complete commentary as a gift. Now, I do not use the text of the NKJV, but the notes only. What does this make me? Calvinist? Arminian? Pre or post millenialist? A dispensationalist (John refers to himself as a "leaky" dispensationalist...whatever that means)?

Does it matter and why are people asking me these things? Does it matter that I have been using these study aids? Can anyone give me some insight into this?