View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:

The worst someone can do is post a reply. Without the force of moderation I don't see how anyone can bully someone else here. All they can do is what you can do -- post what is on their mind. They can not make you reply and they can not silence you.

You do not have to respond to anything you don't want to. You are not expected or required to provide personal details and information if you don't want to. There is only one forum moderator here: me. I do not require people to post details about themselves. But just as you don't have to, others are free to ask for those details and question why someone doesn't want to provide them.

That being said, I think it's ridiculous to imply uncertainly about salvation based on how much (if any) personal information someone is willing to provide on a public internet forum. It is equally absurd to imply uncertainty over someone's salvation because they don't divide the book of Acts the way someone else does. This is a digital place; the rules of engagement are not the same here as they would be in a "real life" setting like a church.

And the complaints about moderation on this forum come from all sides. A few days ago someone called me on the phone (yes, really) and complained that Bibleprotector is "running the forum." Someone else went off in a huff because Bro. Parrish is running the forum. And others complain that George is "the forum." The common theme here is that some people complain about forum moderation when they don't get what they want and the person "running the forum" is the person they are in a tizzy over.

I'm not some babysitter. I have my limits on what I will allow and I do ban when I think it is warranted, but I generally don't want to get in the way of adults talking with each other. There are lots of forums on the net. You might be able to find one that is moderated exactly the way you like -- and if not, you could always start one yourself.
Brandon, thanks for your reply. But I am a little tired of Bro George and Chette especially attacking people here. I don't see how anyone can consider this Christian behaviour. It's not Christian behaviour. And you will know them by their fruits.

I have lost respect for Bro George. He thinks he knows everything and is the only person who understands scripture. I would absolutely disagree with him, I think his post on Rightly Dividing the Book of Acts is FULL of error. And I have posted many scriptures that clearly contradict his false teaching. But you know, I know these self-righteous types, nothing you can say or do will get through to them. They are so full of themselves, so arrogant and sure of themselves, that even the scriptures will not convince them of their errors.

To say a person does not need to understand scripture is so ridiculous as to be absolutely absurd. I cannot believe any intelligent person would say such a thing.

Why are we instructed to STUDY the scriptures? Why are told to compare scriptures? So we can understand them of course.

And to say we have no need to listen to teachers is also absurd. I got saved because I heard a preacher who understands salvation explain to me as a little boy how Jesus died for me on the cross and rose from the dead, and how I could pray to Jesus and ask for forgiveness and everlasting life.

1 Cor 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

I don't even know why I am writing this, I know that absolutely nothing I or anyone else can say or do will reach these pompous self-righteous people. They are so incredibly self-deceived and do not realize it.

I have been here about six months. I have probably seen at least half a dozen people get banned, and most because they had a run in with Bro George. Many times Bro George was correct, but many times he was wrong. He cannot see that. He cannot conceive or allow himself to believe he is capable of error. He can look at a verse like John 7:37-39 which absolutely destroys his teaching (not what the scriptures really say) on Acts and completely ignore it. You aren't going to help someone like that.

I've said my piece, I don't know if I'll be back or not. I cannot stand these constant attacks on people who disagree with Bro George or Chette. You are right Brandon, people don't have to post, people can move on. And as long as you have these two here, that is going to be frequent.

Last edited by Winman; 06-21-2009 at 03:22 PM.