View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 AM

Default Re: "Dr. Greg Estep's Daniel's 70 Weeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
I was waiting to see how this went before posting. I did listen to the complete series, and found several points I could not agree on.

But this was not my biggest problem, his complete arrogance, and overwhelming attitude, that you are too dumb to know anything I know it all, was a BIG turnoff for this man to me.

I recorded it for the purpose of displaying to others, that this is not the way we should teach the Bible.
Aloha brother Samuel,

And to all that you have said brother. This is a "brand" of Christianity, and the purveyors of it, that I personally avoid like the plague.

I didn't say anything - until brother BornAgainBibleBeliever514 asked: "Any comments on him?"

I have known Gregg Estepp since 1969 0r 70, when he was selling brother Ruckman's books out of his garage in Xenia, Ohio, and when he was the only reliable source for obtaining brother Ruckman's materials.

You can imagine my surprise, when 10 years later (1979 or 1980) he's a "full-on" DOCTOR, and a "Mover & Shaker" in certain Baptist circles.

Our "critique" of His heretical teaching on the so-called "Doctrine of Submission" should be enough to convince any genuine Bible believer that this man is "out of order"; and not only that, I have personally seen (on the Island of Kauai - 1984-1990) where his teaching on "The (FALSE) Doctrine of Submission" has split churches, divided Christian brethren (for over 25 years!), and even separated members of the same family (to this day!).

That's one of the problems with looking unto men to teach us spiritual knowledge, discernment, and understanding; and one of the "drawbacks" to the web: sometimes someone may "sound good" - but you never know until you have a chance to really get to know them!

There are far too many "jack boot", dictatorial, and authoritarian pastors out there in the world today, who "think" that God the Father has called them to REPLACE God the Son; and God the Holy Spirit; and God's Holy word; in God's own church - which He, God purchased with His Own Blood!

These men have offended more brethren (and lost people) than you and I will ever know (at least here on earth). And wherever they have taught their blasphemy, they have caused countless brethren to stumble and fall; they have split churches and divided brethren; and they have destroyed friendships, marriages, and families - all "in the name of the Lord" or course!

I have a hard time with men who are full of guile and deceit; and I have a difficult time with frauds and hypocrites; but the men that I cannot endure for even one minute, are "religious zealots" (Jackboot Dictators) who "think" they know more than anyone else, and who actually "believe" that God has "appointed" them to RULE OVER Christian brethren - as if God had "ANOINTED" them KINGS in Christ's stead!

The Holy Bible is real clear, as to what we are to do with such men:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.