View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Minor Correction

GREEKtim,

"Uhhh...." When you make a statement with such "finality" - as if it were "authoritative", you should be sure of your "FACTS"!

Brother Tony is CORRECT and you are terribly WRONG! The "orthography" of Vaticanus & Sinaiticus have been CHANGED in the LATER "GREEK TEXTS" to MATCH the "orthography" of the genuine GREEK SCRIPTURES written by the Apostles and faithfully rendered in the Byzantine (Traditional or Textus Receptus) Greek manuscripts.

Vaticanus (the product of a "Classical" Greek education, i.e. - "snooty" classical philosophical "scholars") is NOT a "Koine" Greek manuscript - although the modern day Bible deniers ("textual CRITICS") have made every attempt to make it appear so, by even CHANGING THE "ORTHOGRAPHY" TO MATCH the older genuine New Testament writings.

Perhaps the next time you make an attempt to "clarify" an issue and make such a definitive statement, you might check your FACTS more carefully. But on the other hand, by the "tenor" of your Posts - I doubt it!
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity...ctures/altman/

Brother George, above is a rather neutral, more forensic discussion that pretty well backs up our information on Vaticanus and its orthography and caligraphy. Also, Hoskier("Codex B & Its Allies", Vols. 1&2), Otis Fuller, and I believe(I don't have a copy of Burgon right now) if memory serves me right John Burgon discusses this in one of his works, I believe The Revision Revised.

I am not aware of any Greek Byzantine/Majority texts written in uncial(block capital) Attic orthography with proto Classical vocabulary, the ones I am aware of are the cursive Koine'. I was taught in college by a rather prestigious and well known professor that Koine' of course is a derivative of Attic, what he described as a "...stepchild to Classical Greek...the speech of the common man or hoplite(soldier)..." but in examination of the various texts on both side the issue(Alexandrian vs Majority) there is a world of difference between "three blind mice" and "a trio of sightless rodents", as is the difference between Koine' and Attic vocabulary and usage.

This link above decsibes also some interesting facts on Sinaiaticus and Vaticanus: Aleph appears to have been written originally with the various apocryphal books in it while Vaticanus had to have them added, as well as pages removed, the most noted being Hebrews from chapter 9 on in order to hide the doctrine that Jesus's sacrifice was only offered ONCE, which checkmates the "Mass".

Grace and peace brother

Tony