View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.
I think this is the cause of all your doubt, my brother. I know first hand, and I'm sure others can testify, that when you are willfulling sinning against God it seems as though you are a million miles away from Him. Your thought life also becomes far less spiritual and your affections are set more down here than up there where they should be. Then you begin to doubt. Apart from a few months after I initially got saved, I can't say I've ever doubted my salvation, but I am not you, and everyone is different.

The fact of the matter is, if you truly got saved at one time in the past then you are still saved at this moment in time and forever more. At the time when you got saved God forgave you of ALL your sins. The sin you willfully commit against God, and continue in, will bring you trouble, sorrow, doubt, confusion, chastisement, and separation from FELLOWSHIP with the Lord, but it won't damn you to hell, you may think it will but that's just your wicked heart (Jeremiah 17:9) and carnal mind (Romans 8:7) casting doubt on God's word, and you love God's word, right!

I say this as a brother in Christ, and pray you come to yourself and stop this willful sinning against the God who loved you and washed you from your sins in his own blood. You can do all things through Christ, and you can choose to say no!

God be with you.