View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
The Dead Sea huh? Chapter & verse please?

I do believe we will be able to view the lake of fire in eternity, according to Isaiah 66:23-24.
You just gave it Matt. Let's look at the passage in Isaiah 66:

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

When we back up and read verses 10-13 we see the geographical location of this worship and the viewing of the damned in the lake of fire is Jeruslaem. Let's look in Romans 8:

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

This passage in Romans and related verses lead me to believe the Universe is in a sort of state of "suspended animation" and is decaying(entropy).

Common sense tells me there is a giant inland sea in the vicinity of Jerusalem that contains almost more flammable sodiums and petrochemicals than water.

Waiting to be ignited. As the Universe waits to be remade for habitation as it was in Genesis 1.

God of course does not need thermonuclear weapons to do His will, it is an illustration from physics what the Dead Sea is. A seething cauldron waiting to be ignited. The lake of fire is a literal lake in a literal location. It's nothing to build a theology on and won't save souls, only the gospel of Christ can do that, but I believe it is a salient point in discussing hell with those who deny it, as the Seventh Day Adventists and the JWs, and is a good point of bible study and illustration of prayerfully seeking an answer to a small question from the Scriptures.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony