View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Ok, I forgot that I wanted to add that repentance isn't a bad thing to preach on, and of a truth it is necessary for salvation, but not in the way that people often think. People need to repent of anything they believed would get them into heaven. This I believe is part of salvation. We cannot trust in Christ alone for salvation and believe we need to make a pilgrimage to Mecca or take the uholy wafer Jesus or get sprinkled by a demonic white collared cleric of the queen of heaven. Those works are a smoothly paved road to hell. To be saved we must repent of our dead works (things we thought before were our righteousness, things we thought "might" get us into heaven) and trust in the Lord Jesus to save us from the just penalty of our sins. We must trust that JESUS became salvation to bear our sins on the cross. When we believe in the Gospel of Christ Jesus' death, burial and resurrection we ARE saved. It is that simple.

As for what to do with those cards; I simply don't know. If they contained info that would lead a curious soul to answers then I'd say use them. At least Chick tracts (which contain the "repent to be saved" message) have info on where to get more information (safe information that is). I wouldn't trust my dog with the WotM folks, let alone a precious soul who needs Jesus and a glass of warm milk.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen