View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Back on topic, one of the reasons witchcraft is so popular nowadays, has to be how mainstream it's gotten. Turn to one of them kids channels like Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network and I bet that it won't take long for you to hear something about magic, wizards, "good" witches, dragons, and more. The Harry Potter series is much to blame for this. I for one, was an avid reader of Harry Potter. I use to love the series and fantasized about having the same powers the characters had. I couldn't understand why Christians were whining so much about the series and felt resentment towards them. When I myself became a born again believer (praise God), I just couldn't have those books. I was now myself a Christian and those books didn't feel right. I think the Holy Spirit was convicting me and I threw them away along with my other suspicious satanic garbage like my Pokemon games, etc. Witches been put on a good spot light using situations like the Salem Witch Trials to portrait them as victims of us "mean" Christians and shows like Charmed, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, and books like Harry Potter to portrait them as "good". With witches been portrayed as "good" and Christians been demonized by our insane satanic society each day, growth in their numbers can only be expected. God help us.