View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Nope, it's an oxymoron. I don't believe God is glorified with music that sounds like war.

And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp. And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear. And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it. (Exodus 32:17-20 KJV)

I also think we should avoid taking music that comes from worldly (hopeless, sin loving, want-to-believe-lies, children of belial) men and offer it to the Lord under a different label.

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. (Leviticus 10:1-2 KJV)

Now I know there are some perfectly fine groups out there in the CCM scene. I'm just saying we should not mix our worship with the music we use to entertain ourselves with.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I agree with you brother. Rock music and even "Christian" rock shouldn't be trusted. This type of music has another spirit that is not God's. How do I know? Personal experience. I'm a former listener of rock, hip hop, r & b, etc. I stopped listening to these because I felt this kept away from God. "Christian" rock to me is just another way crooks and phonies use to make a dollar using the name of Christ. I don't listen to these anymore, and mostly listen to church hymns nowadays.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19