View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 04:44 PM

More Doctrine on Christian Living

A dog returns to its vomit...
“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:” (Galatians 1:6).
There is a driving force and human desire in most of us to attempt to somehow measure up to the high standards of a righteous God. If we live a certain way, think a certain way, speak a certain way, look a certain way, do well to others (most of the time), and avoid the most “severe” sins in life, we will probably find favor with God, right? WRONG!

People live as if they can somehow please or satisfy a perfect, holy, infallible, all-powerful, all-knowing, and eternal God when deep down inside they know they cannot. It’s human nature to strive, work, labor, and try to satisfy God with good behavior. But since God requires absolute and total PERFECTION…we’ve got a real problem.
“Be ye therefore perfect, EVEN AS your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48).

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of ALL” (James 2:10).
I’m guilty! Since it’s not possible to measure up to the high and holy standards of God, we must come to Him in childlike faith fully through Jesus Christ for forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, atonement, redemption, and eternal life. He ALONE satisfied the holy and just demands of a righteous God toward sin when He died on a cross, was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended to the Heavens where He is seated at the right hand of the Father in final authority and all power. We must acknowledge:
John 14:6. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
We must simply receive Him in faith. We all know this basic doctrine of Christian living. What is different now, believer? Are you trying instead of trusting? Are you laboring instead of resting? We walk in Christ the same way we received Him…by faith, trust, dependence, and helplessness.
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving” (Colossians 2:6-7).
Have you left the true Gospel of forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, atonement, redemption, and eternal life through CHRIST for the defeat, labor, striving, bondage, and condemnation of a legalistic system of lofty standards in an attempt to earn God's favor? “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.” Come back to CHRIST ALONE and start living the genuine Christian life!