View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Malachi could of been prophesying of Elijah who is to come was John the Baptist and Jesus said so.
John the Baptist had the "spirit and power of Elijah" and he partially fulfilled Malachi's prophecy. Elijah appeared in Matthew 17 after John the Baptist died.

Quote:
And as for Moses - a prophet like him was Jesus you see
But Moses appeared with Jesus in Matthew 17.

Quote:
I could not find in Malachi that he prophesied of Moses return. which verse is that?
As I've said, there are two names associated with the Coming of Christ as prophesied by Malachi:
Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

The key is Matthew 17. Moses and Elijah appeared with Christ in the Mount of Transfiguration. According to Peter, what they witnessed with their eyes and heard with their ears was the Second Coming.
2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, WHEN we were with him in the holy mount.

Quote:
Now it may be a two part prophecy of which we agree to that understanding. but does it have to be the actually Elijah and Moses?
If it's a "two-part prophecy", I think it has to be actually Moses and Elijah.

I'm sure it can't be Enoch. The two witnesses were not required to not have experienced death. We identify them because of their miracles, not because they have never experienced death. To put a requirement that they not experience death before that has no strong Scriptural support. Their qualification, credential, identification, or whatever we call that is that they do those kinds of miracles, which all have been done by Moses and Elijah.

I think the key to the whole matter is these scriptures:
Malachi 4
Matthew 17
2 Peter 1