View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:14 AM

Greenbear said;

Quote:

Your posts here, Bro. Parrish and brother chette, show me that although you protest that salvation is of faith alone, you don't really believe it. Please tell me, how could you support this twisted teaching in this guys' sermon? Can't you see that his teaching is indicative of the false doctrine that has confused brother Winman? AMEN to that sermon??? It is so full of error and strawmen arguments I honestly don't know where to begin, but I'll start here:

Quote:
Men are not responsible for the revelations which God has given in past dispensations. These revelations are progressive, and one dispensation's revelations are built upon a former dispensation's, and thus former revelations are instructive for each succeeding dispensation.

In each dispensation man has been justified by faith. They believed what God said in each dispensation. That is the key. Did they believe in the crucifiction, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ, the Son of God in previous dispensations? Of course they didn't. It was a MYSTERY!!!

"These revelations are progressive???
First, I doubt that Chette and Bro Parrish really agree on the original article I posted. Second, that is not my preacher or pastor, just an article I found on the web that I thought good. I do not know the person.

But I don't really understand what you are saying. You do not believe the scriptures were a progressive revelation? What scriptures did Job know? None. There were no scriptures in his day. At the time of Moses did books like Ezekiel or Nahum exist? No! God revealed the scriptures to various prophets over centuries of time.

But the gospel has been there from the start when God promised Adam and Eve that he would put enmity between Eve's seed and the seed of the serpent.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Who do you think this prophesy is about? It is about Jesus Christ of course. So from the very beginning God was foretelling of Jesus coming to save us from our sins. But not all details were given here, as time went by God revealed even more about Jesus.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

These scriptures were written centuries after Moses penned the Book of Genesis. You see more and more details about Jesus provided. Did Moses know Jesus would come from Bethlehem? No. But in Jesus day the scribes did know the Messiah would come from Bethlehem.

Matt 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

The priests and scribes back in David's day could not have told you that Jesus would come from Bethlehem, this information was not revealed until many centuries later by the prophet Micah.

So how do you say that the scriptures were not a progressive revelation? And the gospel is the same. No, they did not understand that Jesus would live under the law, go to the cross for our sins, die, be buried, and rise from the dead. Oh, there were plenty of scriptures telling those very things, but they did not put them together. But the gospel was being shown from the very beginning.

And this is why Paul said;

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The scriptures themselves say the gospel was preached unto Abraham. And Jesus confirms this.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Abraham knew about Jesus, Jesus said so himself. Abraham knew the gospel.

Last edited by Winman; 06-27-2009 at 10:19 AM.