View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Sis. Pam,

You bring up a great consideration...I have always thought that a woman seemed to have different expectations than a man did.

I think this goes all the way back to the fall when Eve was cursed -

and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Then all through the OT while a man was "allowed" more than one wife, the wife was certainly not allowed. And as you mentioned the verses are allowing remarriage for a man, but not a wife...unless it is a widow...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh This could be why a widow woman is given permission to remarry but only in the Lord.

I Cor 7:39  The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Because that's the only instance she is allowed to...Oh! And then she is allowed to remarry if her unbelieving husband departs...

I Cor. 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

Great, great points Pam! I am forming a new standard I'm certainly going to study more on this!

Considering our polygamy discussion what if the man remarried after he was loosed then the wife wants to be reconciled to her husband? LoL I wonder how many more scenarios we can come up with?