View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmen View Post
I got Warren's Driven-Purpose book two years ago for X-mas and hardly read it at all. I took another look a month ago just for fun. Boy, was it laughable this second time around! I wasn't able to understand half of the poor choice of verses he backs it up with. It appears to me that he relies on Concordance instead of relying on the Word!!

It seems possible these days that future 'worldly' ministers could rely on the Concordance so they could find the word inside a verse, and twist it to support their own ideology. What ever happened when a Concordance's purpose was to find a word inside the bible because you forgot where, or rather, to STUDY it?

See how CHEATING that can be!!!
A person could never check all 15 versions of a book called the bible,in purpose driven life or of love. The problem with our churches,when going to Ricks programs is the fact that you no longer have a preacher in the pulpit spending a lot of time using or even in the BIBLE,they don't have too,its already done for the most part.
Thou hast left thy first love.
Rev. 2 v1-5
1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

I have seen people buy into his ideology,stand up in the congregation,thanking God that christians,jews,muslims etc are all praying to the same god.
Can i blame Rick?When people are too lazy to read a Bible(including myself of course) and do not want to put effort into seeking the truth,its easy to let someone else do it for you.
If you feel good about what Rick say's or any other megachurch preacher then you must be going to heaven. Not so!
So vague are these telepreachers on REAL Salvation. Come on,we don't want to offend anyone. I would rather people be offended,wake up,and get saved.
The feel good mentality is not going to get you to heaven people.
I see how individuals come soo close to accepting the Lord,but never quite get there. It is sad Salvation,leading people to the Lord, should be our Purpose for a driven life.

I was suprised to see that the 44th president did not use a Bible to swear upon,just another way of taking God out of our society.