View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
The book of Hebrews was originally written to keep Jewish believers from the pressure to abandon the Christian faith and go back under the law. It is an excellent witnessing tool now for the Jews, plus if the Jews, who are God’s chosen people, are convinced of their need of Jesus, how much more do the Gentiles need to hear the message so there is application for us. It will be an especially important book to the Jews who are saved during the tribulation when the temple is rebuilt and sacrifices are re-instated.
CKG,
Thanks for sharing your perspective which I completely agree with.
Quote:
It will be an especially important book to the Jews who are saved during the tribulation when the temple is rebuilt and sacrifices are re-instated.
Yes, that's a good point. Much of the history of the church it has appropriated the whole 66 books as written primarily to itself and for itself. I also believe that Hebrews forward is written to tribulation saints not our current dispensation. (The seven churches was something I had never thought about before as not being for the church age.)