View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Default Re: "A Question Concerning Hell --"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Originally Posted by George

Bro George thanks for your quick reply and all that info.
I think you have made some good points which I shall consider.
The only part I have a problem with is the part above about the moment of birth. Those are fighting words for pro-lifers my brother. I think the unborn are fully alive in the womb (same as you and me, not partially alive or sort of alive, etc.), the only reason Adam wasn't is because he was not BORN from a womb. He had no umbilical and no life, he was a "special case."
Sorry brother, I think Ruckman and you are both wrong are that one.
(Luke 1:15, Isaiah 49:1, Judges 13:7, Jeremiah 20:17). And you guys know how I love Bro. Ruckman. Plenty of locked threads about that whole issue.

But, that's what makes Bible study interesting, and I salute you for the rest of the information. I'm not sure I have a hard opinion on the dead vs. live spirit issue, I was always under the impression that Ephesians 2:1 indicated our spirits were dead, but I guess that is debatable. Either way, thanks again for your thoughts my brothers, I appreciate both of you very much.
Aloha brother Parrish,

I have stated my beliefs on the issue, but I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) , and so other than continuing to hold to my convictions, unless I can be proven wrong from the Scriptures, I try not to make it an issue with the brethren; although some of the brethren strongly disagree with me.

I am pleased that you are willing to re-examine the Scriptures on the issue of the "spirit" that is within man. This is one of those issues that will probably never be settled amongst the brethren, until we meet Him "face to face" - and then we shall know, even as we are known.

There are some Bible issues that are worth "fighting" over and there are those that are so DEEP that we may as well admit that we just don't know everything.