View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 04:23 AM
sting of truth

i think you guys are missing the whole of the message. i loved the message, paul never said salvation is anything that we do, he merely brought up that if you are born again, you are a new creature, and you WILL behave differently, you WILL have a change of heart, and it will be entirely because we are born again and are new people in Christ Jesus..

see, paulwasher is schooled in something that is not taught much today, holiness. we are made holy in God's eyes by the sacrifice of Christ on calvary. however as eph. 2 points out God has ordained good works for us that we should walk in them. all the things paul talked about in that sermon are acts of holiness. yes, paul washer is a 5 point calvinist, not that you'd know that from hearing that message. and yes he believes things i don't agree with, but in that message [modern american Christianity], he is calling the church back to holiness. we are just a step away from showing up in church wearing next to nothing. in fact some people today already show up like that.

what did he say that was so bad? he didn't doubt everyone's salvation in that auditorium what he did was wake them up with the truth that we are called to be separate from the world. that we are to live a life of separation and holiness. and are to rebel against sin, and cling to Jesus Christ