Thread: JWs
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 AM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
That's the crux of the issue, aye?

Thank you George.

I also found Fundy's response from back when. Someone had a brilliant idea and put in a "search" on this site! Took me some time, but I figured it out...I typed in "JW's".

I have no illusions and expectations, but I have prayer and hope for at least one dear lady.

Hi Debau,

My wife was born in the Phillipines, so we get regular visits from the Phillipino members of the local "Temple of Doom",as my daughter calls it. As most Phillipinos are of Catholic background, they have no Biblical knowledge to start with and can be easily scammed by the J.W. speil.

Not so my wife,who is born again, and knows her Bible. Nevertheless we get lots of J.W.'s visiting, but funnily enough, NEVER the same ones twice.

As you say, the main issue with them is the identity of Christ.

My favourite approach is to first ask them if they believe that the KJB is the pure, preserved Word Of God. They always say yes, because they simply do not know of the differences that exist between the KJB and the NWT.

After they have committed to the fact that the KJB is the Word of God, It is simply a matter of letting your Bible do the talking and asking them to explain away the verses that cross reference from the OT and NT that prove Christs' Diety, at the same time pointing out that their NWT has changed the meaning of the same verses.

You will have to study these out and you will come up with some that are you favourites. Mark your Bible with the cross refernces and use them...dont go into a conversation without your Bible ( Hebrews 4:12)

Quite simply, they cannot explain away the differences, and cannot deny what the KJB is saying, especially since you have already gotten them to admit that it is the pure Word. When they do try and say that the KJB is wrong, just remind them of their earlier admission to the purity of the KJB.

Stunned silence and lots of open mouthed eye blinking confusion usually follows.

Remember, though, you are not trying to "beat them up", but get them saved. Always be friendly and invite them back for another chat whenever they feel like it.

Another thing to remember is that one of the pair is usually an experienced "Elder" while the other is a novice and may have only just been roped in to the cult, so after identifying which is which, I always, after presenting the Elder with a question that he/she cannot answer, turn to the novice and really hammer home the point of the contradiction or problem that the Elder is struggling with.

I have never seen one of these people converted on my doorstep, but have seen plenty go away visibly shaken and thinking hard about what they have heard. Plant the seed of doubt and let God give the increase from there.

fundy