View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Posted by pneuby
"As to your second point, I wholly agree with the preface. However, I think the latter portion will be as any other sin....forever washed away. There may be some lack of reward experienced over it, I don't know."

George's 2nd point
And they "deserve" whatever God has "in store" for them at the Judgment ("Judgment Seat of Christ" or the "Great White Throne").
Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Is not this statement (pneuby's) typical of those who have not the proper fear of loss at the Bema judgment. Our sins ARE washed away, but our service WILL be judged.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Quote:
That's why I don't have much trouble with a typical Southern Baptist "Sinner's Prayer", in whatever derivative you may have heard it. As a rule, there is normally a sincer attempt to point out just WHAT it is that you're SUPPOSED to believe in. That is, that Christ is God, Son, Messiah, the ONLY way, and that his sacrifice was all that is was needed.

There will no doubt be any number of Catholics, perhaps a couple JW's, and even....gads!..Mormons in heaven with us. Maybe even an outlaw biker or two?
I'm not sure what the SB's prayer is, but if it is not in "repentance", coming into agreement before a holy God of our estate before Him, that we are lost and undone sinners worthy of only His wrath, in need of the Saviour, we can believe in our heads that Christ is God, Son, Messiah, the ONLY way, but His sacrifice will be of none effect until we KNOW we are sinners, trusting in in only His finished redeeming work at the cross. Trusting in our hearts that He bore all our sins and incurred the wrath we deserve. Understanding what the "ONLY way" is, and that it excludes us doing anything but believing. The JW and Catholic will probably still be trusting in his own ability to do something of worth to reconcile himself to God. The biker seems to understand his position of a rebel as a badge of honor, or something. He has to see his rebellion for what it is too.

Maybe Mr. Washer confuses our good works unto Him as a condition for salvation. Unfortunately, we can believe, and live more carnally than the heathen. What loss we should suffer! I didn't watch the whole video, but I think I got the gist.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.