View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
look3467

Look. Who is Rev 2 addressed to and who is speaking? This is Jesus Christ speaking to the angel of the church of Thyatira. Right? That is what Rev 1:16-20 says. Jesus Christ is addressing his churches. This has nothing to do with Jesus preaching to people in prison. It just doesn't.>>>

The very first verse of Revelation 1 tells us who the book is about:

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
It is about Him, which God gave unto Him to show unto His servant’s things which must shortly come to pass.

Now, I would like to make notice of three things which tells us about the timing of what is in the contents of that verse.

First, is “to shew” present tense, meaning while Jesus is still with His disciples
Second, “things which must shortly come to pass” meaning within His life time
Third, sent notice to John, not John the Apostle, but john the Baptist, who: REV 1:2 Who bare record.
Joh 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

John the Apostle doesn’t come in until verse 4 because if you look at verse 10 we see that Jesus has already risen and is talking to John in spirit: REV 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

John hears the voice from “behind”, meaning in times past as when Jesus was crucified, for it was the Lord’s Day, not Sunday, but the day the Lord did His work.

And you are correct that Jesus is speaking to John after the crucifixion giving us the details via John the works of Christ on that particular day.

The picture is this: Jesus was about to embark on a 7-day creation, re-creation period (One Day) in order to cover every soul that ever lived, including those held in prison, called hell.

Seven churches, seven candlesticks, vials and all sevens are but a picture of Jesus visiting each one of those days in order to cover them all and then recreating a New Creation, a new week of 7’s of which there is to be no end.

If you look at the story of Job, you will see a similitude of that picture, with Job visiting his 7 sons and offering sacrifices for them.

JOB 1:2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.

I’ll leave that here for later discussion if interested.

Back to Isaiah 14. Still not Jesus, even with the messed up cross reference to Rev 2. You conveniently leave out vs. 14, where we see this "Lucifer's" goals. "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds: I will be like the most High." Jesus doesn't need to do anything to "be like the most High" He is the most High, he is God. This is Satan, no doubt about it.

ISA 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Jesus did say he will ascend into heaven, the stars of God are likened in scriptures as the seed of Abraham, Jesus said "no man cometh unto the father but by me" this is exalting his throne above them.
ISA 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
The clouds are likened to sin in Isaiah 44:22, he ascends above sin by overcoming them by his death. Jesus said "if you have seen me, you have seen the father" so he will be like the most high. God is a spirit in heaven, Jesus not yet when he said this.

Easy E, my objective is to inform by presenting a different view.
I expect some hostility, but my intention is to educate.
Now, if this information offends, please hit the ignore button and you shall not hear from me again.

I come from a Southern Baptist up bringing, and still hold true to the concept of Jesus being my only foundation, my Savior and friend.

There is no other foundation to lay, only that one which He has laid.

My views and understandings are from studying, questioning the traditional beliefs and wanting God to give me understandings on the end time scenarios, of which we both know, are many versions and not one sure one.

I can only share what I’ve learned and hope that some who are seeking a deeper understanding will make up their minds what to accept or reject.

Peace>>>AJ