View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM
cookie5151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
It's hard to suggest anything without knowing what is meant by "their own way." As far as worshiping according to your "own" ideas, I would think the example of Cain and Able applies -- Indeed, a first reading of Genesis by someone who is unfamiliar with God's demands of blood sacrifices is likely to view God as being unjust when they come along and reads of Able's vs. Cain's sacrifices. Cain sacrificed "his way" and likely thought he would still please God because of his work, but God was interested in obedience, not work.

However, and I think this is very important: listening to music and playing video games has nothing to do with worship and especially salvation -- either way. Your last comment makes you appear to doubt the authenticity of their salvation because of those things. I would be more concerned with where their trust lies than what kind of music they listen to.
I think it makes a big difference in how you live your life, what music one listens too, how we live is proof of what we believe. As to works this really says it all. We can lose our salvation if we don't produce fruits/work
John 15:1-2

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
John 15:5-7

5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
NKJV