View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Sister Jassy,

Sister, I was struck by the use of these words. We all pass judgment every day on many things...it's in our nature. We can't help it. When a decision is made on any topic a judgment is being made. Now if you are suggesting by passing judgment we shove aside, I honestly don't think ANYone on here at least has suggested ANYone be shoved aside?

And if we are not to "shun or shove aside or pass judgment" on those without the faith shouldn't we even more so treat our brethren the same way?

Because one judges that an act is a sin based on the Bible, and we teach it as such how is that shoving aside a brother? Are men not to preach sin for fear of passing judgment? For fear of ostracizing a brother? If my pastor or husband preaches on being unfruitful and I am convicted I am not shunned. My pastor can teach right and wrong and I still have the free will to ignore it. It still doesn't change right and wrong.

I have seen these comments across the forum and don't understand how making a judgment based on Scripture equals shunning?

Please, I welcome you to explain it to me.
Sis Amanda,

I think there is a huge difference between JUDGING and DISCERNING. The Lord Jesus Christ is going to be judging us according to Paul's gospel:

Romans 2:16 - In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my [Paul's] gospel.

We are not called upon to be a judge. But those that are spiritually strong, should have the ability to DISCERN, using the Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 5:14 - But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

We are supposed to judge THINGS - to see if they are spiritual (from God's Word) but not PEOPLE.

According to the Bible, Satan is the "god of this world" - so we do need to be able to judge between BELIEF and UNBELIEF, yes.

I may be wrong about this. And if we are to sit in judgment of other people, here and now in the church - I don't want to be in that position.

Jassy