Old 08-12-2008, 08:31 AM
gophgetter

Default Real Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Re: Once saved, always saved:

Aloha Biblestudent,

Agreed! And Amen!

"Gophgetter" is insinuating that we are either "False Prophets" or "False Teachers"; and that the "doctrine" that we believe in is "heresy" and comes from or "originated" with Satan! Not only that, but he then insults us by calling us "KIDS" on top of all of the rest of his inferring!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Real men do not infer, insinuate, or use inuendo: "Real men say what they mean, and mean what they say." Are we "False Teachers"? Have we embraced a "damnable heresy"? Are we following "that old serpent - the Devil? I trow not! But "Gophgetter" is promoting a "damnable heresy" by inferring that the doctrine of eternal salvation is NOT from the God of the Bible, but from "the god of this world"!

In addition - We may be many things, but the one thing that none of us here on this Forum are - is KIDS!
Greetings Brother George,

First let me apologize for "inferring" that you'll are kids. I never meant at all that anybody in this group was on the level of understanding of a little kid. I posted this post on another Bible Study group that was a little more lighthearted and that I had been a member of for quite some time. The reason that I put the words "Are ya ready kids?" in the post was because while I was typing it up, my kids were watching SpongeBob Squarepants at the sametime and that was in the background. Forgive me for being a little too playful with such a serious subject as salvation.

As far as inferring to anyone in this group as being a false prophet, I never did that. Since you want to start giving out qualifications of "real men", tell me what you think about a false accuser. The word for that type of person is listed in Rev. 12. Solomon tells us in the book of Proverbs that "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."
All I did was quote the scriptures about the messages that the false prophets of the Old and New Testament preached. I never directed those scriptures at anyone in this group. It's one thing to believe a false doctrine. It is quite another to preach it as a message to other people. That's what makes a person a false prophet. The next time you don't understand what I mean by something or who it is directed at, why don't you be "man" enough to ask me before you start throwing out accusations. By the way, these words are not written in anger but in love, not for destruction but for edification of all that are in this group.

Peace