View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

So what can you say about this verse? I am figuring what this verse means. Do I need to hate everybody for the sake of Christ? In the other thread, someone suggested that I need not twist English. I know you Englishpeople/brethren alike, would you please tell me if hate/hatred needed to grow me spiritually?
Brother, no doubt you are offended at me for telling you that you can't retranslate Acts 2:38 to fit a denominational doctrinal error, but as can be spiritually discerned from this passage in Luke 14, friendship, or sound doctrine?

Ro 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
Ro 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Note the past tense(Time past) of verse 8, and the present tense (But now)of verse 16, and also the last passage of verse 8(Ages to come), the confirmation of the promises given to the Jewish fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These promises are yet future, as national Israel has not accepted Christ and won;t until Christ Himself personally establishes His Kingship of Israel at the beginning of the Millenium. Luke 14 is a chapter filled with works, and doctrinally applied to OT Jews in Israel under the Law and on the verge of the Tribulation of Joel 2, then restoration of Israel, and the Second Coming of Christ. There is no mention of the Body of Christ anywhere in Luke, Matthew, Mark, or John for that matter. This is all pre-crucifixion doctrine to Israel. I'm in no way part or parcel of Israel, I am a spiritual son of Abraham, I am an adopted son of God. In the gospel of Christ, the preaching of the cross, Christ crucified, salvation by grace through faith of I Cor. 15, Eph 2 and 3, I can find nowhere in Christ's message to me through Paul where I am commanded to hate anybody. In the Age of grace it's the Christian who is hated. It's the Christian who leaves Mormonism, Catholicism, the JWs, the Church of Christ, the Worldwide Church Of God, Christian Science, or any cult you want to name, and has to endure being shunned by his or her own family, not the other way around. After I debated two COC "elders" each and every one of my Dad's family threw me away like a live hand grenade. Those in my mother's family who make a claim to be Christian moan the fact I only have "part" of the gospel and not this mythical "full" gospel I can't find anywhere.

Rejoice brother Fred, you don;t have to "hate" anybody, you are only asked to be a soldier for Christ, an ambassador for Christ, a minister of the reconciliation to wit that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, not remitting their sins unto them, nor ours to us.

Isn't the grace of God a wonderful thing brother?

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-25-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typo