View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
[I]The Christian is a new creature, being conformed to the image of Christ, having the indwelling holy Spirit, the word of God, and the mind of Christ (1 Cori 2:16). God has revealed both His ways and thoughts to the body of Christ so that we can obey and follow them, and be more like Him.

Perhaps before quoting Isaiah 55:8-9 this should be considered?
I know this is a post that is a few months old, but I'd still like to add my two cents!

As you read over in 1 Corin 3, right after the verse you mentioned, he says: I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? (3:2-3)

I think those verses are important to consider when talking about Isaiah as well. I think it is saying that if we put away the carnal things we will know and understand God better. Putting away the carnal things so God can feed us the meat of His Word and not just the milk. We have the mind of Christ, but the carnal can still deaden our mind.