Thread: The next step
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Default Persecution

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Sister Jassy said:

Aloha sister,

Just this past week I read of a North Korean Christian woman who was EXECUTED for passing out Bibles!

Christians in the Muslim world; in North Korea; and in China are severely persecuted for their faith. Physical abuse, imprisonment, and death are often the punishments administered to Christians living in those countries.

There are also parts of India that are very intolerant of Christians, and where Christians are often beaten and even killed for their faith.

We do not have any idea what real persecution is - we're SPOILED! I thank God for the freedom that we have, and lately I wonder how much longer we may be able to enjoy it.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Yes, brother George, we are very spoiled, indeed! I regularly go to www.persecution.com to read about what is happening to other Christians in the world; how they stand up for their faith, no matter what the persecution entails. Very, very humbling.

These are the kinds of pastors and evangelists that I support. I know several online who walk for many miles into rugged mountainous terrain to reach isolated tribal people, to bring them the Word of God. It puts their very life in danger - yet they go forth joyously to serve the Lord! They ask me only for prayers. They believe that the Lord will provide, as He always has.

I feel that our own churches and pastors could learn much from them.

Jassy