View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:33 AM

First off, I don't care what the "original Greek" says. I do read and write some Greek and have three more years ahead of me, and I consider that but "dung".

Secondly, I am not adding another kind of repentance to the Gospel of the Grace of God. Read the context of the posts before mine. We would be in complete agreement on this, but only in the context of the Gospel.

I was commenting on the common practice of saying that a person must forsake his sin and somehow make himself worthy of faith before he can actually believe in Jesus. These are the people who add to the Gospel.

Nevertheless there is more than one kind of repentance in the Bible, Paul is telling people to repent of their unbelief (Acts 20:21 and 26:20). But God in Genesis 6 is not repenting of his unbelief in Himself. That is ridiculous. He is also not repenting "of his sin". He is God, he cannot sin.

Gord, how about you "run the references" and then tell me if you think there is only one kind of repentence in the whole Bible. There is a lot more to be said on this topic.