View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM

I don't think any of us are going to get too up tight over the polygamy issue because, let's face it, most of us aren't going to actually ever have to deal with it. But the topic does test us and make us look in the scriptures more closely. I still stand by my statement that God's original intention was one man for one woman and that He allowed for multiple wives. I'm still searching but I don't see any polygamous relationships for the Jews after the Babylonian captivity and no born again believers in the Bible had multiple wives.

God stated it.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Jesus and Paul reaffirmed it.
Matthew 19:4-6 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Ephesians 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.