Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Brother Tim

You know from scripture that angels can take on the form of men.

Gen 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

They ate food.

Gen 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

They looked like men.

Gen 19:10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door

They physically pulled Lot into the house and shut the door.

Gen 19:16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.

Once again, they physically laid hold of Lot, his wife, and two daughters.

So, to insist angels cannot assume the physical characteristics of men does not agree with the Bible.

Now if angels could take on a physical body as these two angels did, it is also completely possible that the "sons of God" in Gen. 6 were also angels that took on the physical form of man and mated with women. The children born would be flesh, they would be men.

That said, if this indeed did happen, I agree with you that normal men were also very wicked, and that God did indeed flood the world to kill them. It's not like man needs any help being wicked. In this, I agree with you.

But notice this, Genesis speaks of the serpent's "seed"

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Perhaps this is only speaking of spiritual seed, or perhaps it is speaking of physical seed, I do not know. But the Bible says the serpent will have seed. But in the geneologies of both Joseph and Mary in the NT, it is physical seed that is described to trace both back to David, and in Luke 3 back to Adam (and Eve).

Last edited by Winman; 06-01-2009 at 07:23 PM.