View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:09 PM
textusreceptusonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
I believe in the Law, but that it is fulfilled by Christ in the believer. Therefore, I believe that the TEN COMMANDMENTS still apply today. If the Law has really passed away, the Ten Commandments would no longer apply. Take the fourth commandment, for example, while we do not literally observe the Sabbath, we do esteem every day to the Lord, and we do set aside the first day of the week for the Lord, worship and Christian fellowship.
In other words, we are not bound to keep every jot and tittle of the Law but the spirit of the law. That's what I think he's saying when he says that the jots and tittles will not pass till all is fulfilled. Until Jesus fulfilled the Law and died on the cross, the Jews had to keep the law to the letter. He's not talking about the written jots and tittles being erased, but about how the Law is observed. Of course the written jots and tittles will endure forever even though we don't keep the Law to the letter, because "the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (1 Pet 1:25)