View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 AM

Default RE: " Do Roman Catholics Go To Hell?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
My entry into christianity some years ago was confusing but the Lord faithfully leads His children into all truth as far as they are willing to follow. My understanding of scripture really started to take off when I discovered dispensationalism. So much confusion was wiped away with the simple concept that not all books of the Bible were addressed to the Church.

I can see how my statement might be offensive to non-dispensationalists. No offense intended this is just what I believe scripture teaches. I'm not perfect after all; I could work on my diplomacy skills a bit.
Aloha sister,

Don't worry about your "diplomacy skills". If you "speak the truth in love" [Ephesians 4:15], and some are offended - that's their problem!

Your testimony "rings true" ("the Lord faithfully leads His children into all truth as far as they are willing to follow"), and I believe that you are sincere in your search for the truth, so always speak from your heart and don't worry about the "naysayers". The Apostle Paul didn't "temper" his speech out of concern for "gnat strainers", and neither did the Lord Jesus Christ.

Their are plenty of Threads & Posts relating to your concerns I would suggest two to begin with:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1

The above Post is two essays written by Moses LemuelRaj (a Christian brother from India) and are among the very best that I have read (in 40 years of study) in relation to the issue of "Inspiration" of Scripture.

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1

The above Link is an essay that I wrote about 36 years ago as to why I believe in the King James Bible. The essay is a "testimony" (from the King James Bible) as to what the Holy Bible has to say about the "words" of God.

And as far as "Dispensationalism" is concerned - I would venture to say that the majority of the active members on the Forum are "moderate" Dispensationalists. There are some brothers here that are not, but we love them just the same, and count them as dear brothers in Christ and fellow members of "the household of God". [Ephesians 2:19]

I had a little bit to say about "Rightly Dividing God's Word's" on the AV1611 Bible Forums about 7 months ago, and if you are interested you might check out that Thread also at this Link:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...71&postcount=1

Welcome to the Forum sister - we are very tolerant of the brethren - UNLESS they turn out to be Bible "correctors" (or Bible "deniers"); "trouble makers"; or "Hereticks" (false teachers). We refuse to tolerate any of the preceding (at least not for very long) in accordance with the Scriptural commands:

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word ofGod: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Again, welcome to the AV1611 Forums - I hope that we may be of some benefit to you in your Christian walk with the Lord.