View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 PM

Thanks for your kind response, chette777.

Back in the mid-90's? I heard a christian radio program railing against a book called "New Age Bible Versions" by Gail Riplinger. Always the contrarian, I knew I had to get a copy of that book. I went to a christian bookstore to inquire about purchasing the book and the owner said, "If you asked me for poison to drink, I wouldn't give it to you; neither would I sell you that book!" So I ordered it online.

Although I already preferred the KJV for it's belles lettres when I saw the attack on doctrine in the copyrighted versions I put away my NIV, NKJ, et al, and stopped with the parallel Bible study. I hope to explore the question on this board of whether it is an inspired version, or a faithful translation of the textus receptus. Either way, I have no doubt that God has faithfully preserved His Word through the ages on earth.

My entry into christianity some years ago was confusing but the Lord faithfully leads His children into all truth as far as they are willing to follow. My understanding of scripture really started to take off when I discovered dispensationalism. So much confusion was wiped away with the simple concept that not all books of the Bible were addressed to the Church.

This seems to be a more serious board than others I've visited. Hopefully, this will be an impetus to start studying more. I'm very interested in discussion of doctrinal and prophetic topics. My husband and I feel so strongly about KJVO that we can't attend a church that doesn't see it the same way, right or wrong. We just can't bring ourselves to listen to other translations knowing the facts about them.

Last edited by greenbear; 05-16-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: capitalizing "Word"