View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Vendetta Ride,

I am in total agreement with you brother! This is someone trying to make a "mountain" out of a "molehill"!

I've been reading the King James Bible for over 50 years and it never occurred to me (No - not once), that there is a "problem" with the different expressions. And why it "bothers" Scott is beyond me!

Don't be "bashful" in Posting brother. I have read nearly all of your Posts and they are both respectful and appropriate, and I am sure that there are many other brethren on this Forum that appreciate both your comments and your presence here on this Forum as much as I do.
Hello, Brother George and others....Ok, I am going to explain why it might be a big deal to Scott and others. [and put myself in position for some charitable scathing criticism as well] I myself have actually waited to see if this issue would ever come up....I am KJVO, I have convictions why I am, but I am one of those who cannot be dogmatic about terms such as "word perfect" and "letter perfect" about any translation....Here's an illustration why there is a problem: back in the 80's our old buddy Jimmy Swaggert began teaching [and selling tapes] that, well, I'll quote him: "You've received the Holy Spirit, but you HAVEN'T received the Holy Ghost" [don't know how many of these messages he sold, but, knowing what happened to him, it must have been interesting to say the least].....Now I'm all for what Brother Vendetta said, I agree 100%, he nailed it on the head, but if I want to be "all in" for word perfect and letter perfect, would I not also have to agree with Jimmy Swaggert ?. [which is madness]...Holy Ghost is Holy Spirit, but [am I not seeing something correctly] Ghost and Spirit are not the same word obviously....so, reiterating, there isn't an issue unless one uses terms like word perfect and letter perfect [and maybe I am not understanding these terms, so please forgive me if I'm not].....God bless....Scott