View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 08:25 PM
MDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
The King James Bible was not inspired between 1604-1611.

And truth can be destroyed by mistranslation. That is why we should thank God that we actually have a perfect translation today. I am sure that Mr Joyner and others do not believe in perfect translations, yet they seem to think that truth is in them?!?
Aw.

Php 1:15-18
(15) Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
(16) The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
(17) But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
(18) What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Joh 6:63
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 17:17 does not mean the written Word itself contains the truth, because John 14:6 says Jesus (not the written Word) is the truth. The written word conveys the truth, the Word, Jesus. The written Word has no power. Jesus is the Word made flesh, not ink and paper. Ink and paper conveys the truth. The word is powerful, not the ink and paper. Thy Word is truth, not ink and paper. The Word is not the truth; the Word IS truth.

That's why you can get saved from an old newspaper account (or even nothing at all but by the word of Jesus' disciple). And that's why there's power even from imperfect translations like the NASB.