Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Tony,
Howdy, neighbor! We are definitely checking out your information on Pastor Richard Jordan's church and ministry. We really want to thank you for responding. What a blessing you are.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me a hyperdrycleaningdispensationalist or any other name. I care nothing for tradition. I'm sensitive and can get hurt feelings from personal affronts or attacks but I don't get upset by insults about what I believe scripture teaches. If I didn't believe a position I take I wouldn't take it. If someone's argument from scripture proves me wrong, and I can see it, I will change my mind and admit it. Although I like to be right just as much as the next person, I pray the Lord will show me when I err. I feel bad when brothers and sisters in Christ resort to methods of debate that even those who only possess worldly wisdom reject, namely ad hominem attacks. It reveals the "attacker's" insecurity about the position they hold.

May you rest in his grace and peace,

Jennifer
Perhaps sometime in the near future when I am not vehicularly challenged we'll get together.

If you feel comfortable in a grace church environment, I'm sure Richard can recommend something in your area.

Sister, I don't debate much anymore. I give the Scripture and let a Christian make their own mind up. Dr. Ruckman likes to call us dry cleaners "church splitters". I wish he had taken more of a stand on the Spanish NT issue back in the 80s, that split a lot of churches. I'm no repector of denominations: If a Baptist church is held together only by water baptism, if a grace church is held together only by dispensationalism, if a pentecostal/charasmatic church is held together only by tongues, they need to be split. The Holy Spirit is what holds churches together.

Grace and peace sister, let me know what you hear from Richard

Tony