View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:46 AM

Default I can't wait!

Interesting discussion...

Based on God's Word, it seems that what happened TO Adam was much more concrete than what happened IN Adam. I think we can really only speculate what happened IN Adam, but God said IN THE DAY that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die (Gen 2:17). Of course God cannot lie (Titus 1:2, Heb. 6:18), so something happened IN THE DAY.

It seems God pronounced Adam's FUTURE circumstances (Gen 3:19).
It seems God pronounced Eve's FUTURE circumstances (Gen 3:16).

But let us look at what happened to BOTH of them IN THE DAY.

Gen 3:24 So he DROVE out the man... ("the man"=mankind=both of them)

I am assuming all this happened in ONE day because God said IN THE DAY.

On a spectrum of "good" to "bad" (1-10, or whatever), how "good" did Adam and Eve have it before they ate the fruit? How "bad" did they have it 1 second ouside the garden on the other side of the flaming sword?

I think it is only comparable to how "bad" we have it now, and how "good" we believers will have it in heaven.

I am struggling using the word "bad" but I don't know how to compare life now to what life will be like in heaven. I think it is impossible to overstate/comprehend the significance of going from pre-Fall, perfect garden, perfect communion with the HOLY GOD to outside the sword. Likewise, I think it is impossible to overstate/comprehend the significance of going from this outside the sword back to perfect communion with the HOLY GOD. Oh, but I can't wait!

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.