Thread: Bible College
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I live in E TN. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good Bible college around me. One that taught the truth. Not some liberal, NIV school.
Thanks,
Clint Boyer

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Hello Clint. Have a look at this website link.

http://www.lhbi.net/slash/

It is for Liberty Home Bible Institute. I got the course many moons ago when the lessons were on cassette tapes---( Hint-The Peanut Farmer was in the White House- ) now they are on CD's. You will get several study books that will help you... { I used to listen to the cassettes while driving--over and over}... including Wilmington's Guide to the Bible. The lessons/assignments/tests are = to about a 2 year College Degree Program. The good thing is that you can do it at home--- instead of relocating the family around and working midnite shift at the "7-11".

If/when you complete the program you can actually attend graduation ceremonies at Liberty Univ. in Virginia. If memory serves you can transfer the credits to Liberty U. in the future if you do wish to get a Bachelors Degree later on. BUT--- Like someone else said: The Children and Wife are your main responsibility!

IIRC they have a payment plan or they have a lump sum deal... Hope this helps you.

BTW--- Low cost alternative: Visit a Christian/Bible Bookstore and look at "The Open Bible" (KJV) published by Thomas Nelson. It is a great source for study. It has a massive Index up front. Book Introductions for each Bible book/History of the 12 Apostles/Maps/Concordance-(not complete)/History of the English Bible/Monies-Weights-Measures/Archaeological Notes/Prophecies of The Messiah fulfilled in Jesus Christ/Parables/Harmony of the Gospels/ plus many other things--- but what will be very helpful to you is the "Christian Life Study Outlines". Very helpful. They state a Point: #1- Bible is the Word of God. Then they have a paragraph or two explaining the point,,,then they send you to various places in the New Testament to read a verse, then a note, then to the next verse. They have about 15 Outlines. Get yourself a spiral notebook and some pens and pencils. Read --Study--Take Notes!

Last edited by PB1789; 12-29-2008 at 12:30 AM.