View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 AM

I want to clarify what I said above. I also believe those passages apply to a church assembly and they should definitely be followed by the church. Woman pastors are in rebellion against God as are their congregations. A woman should not usurp authority over the man or teach the man in the assembly. Women need to have a man as spiritual covering for their own protection. I believe it is for both a type, and that women are more easily swayed or deceived, and that women without spiritual covering are open targets for fallen angels, especially regarding false doctrines. So many "Christian" cults were started by women "prophets" or "teachers" who teach doctrines of demons and heresy and spiritism. Satan has a hay day with this type of rebellion and confusion.

So those passages aren't my least favorite parts of the Bible if correctly interpreted, in fact I am grateful that the Lord teaches us how to conduct ourselves and our affairs. Those passages become my least favorite when they are taken to mean that women are not allowed to study God's Word and actively participate in discussion with other believers, male and female. That would be a huge loss for me personally if those verses apply to any time christians gather informally (like this forum). With that said, I don't want to offend anybody on this board who has different convictions about the meaning of the above passages.

The Lord would have us submit ourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Although Paul is speaking about gentile christians eating meat sacrificed to idols, I think this principle holds for this situation as well:

1 Cor
8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Having given this topic some thought last night and this morning I don't forsee many people having a problem with female participation on the forum in all categories at least according to 1 Tim 2:9-15. I know men do like to get away from women sometimes!

This is my motto: Where I'm welcome is where I'll be.