View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Are you sure you know where you are? Backtrack to http://www.av1611.com and you'll see the apologetics available.

As I said in the other thread, someone demanding proof as you are can not be convinced. I don't recall anyone claiming that we can prove to someone that the KJV is God's word without error.

You want proof? Sorry, I don't have any to give you. There. You win. Just like anyone that asks me to "prove" Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead "wins" that argument.

You claim to have once been "KJV-Only" -- that being the case, you should know the arguments and none of us are going to change your mind.

What does exist is a mountain of evidence for the veracity of the KJV and how God has gone about fulfilling his promises of preservation. But only the Holy Spirit is going to convince you of the truth. There is no proof to offer.
Amen brother! And I think Forrests question is really the heart of the matter.

John 10:3-5 (KJV) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

I hear my Master's voice exclusively in the King James Bible. I have found some of His Word's in other so called 'translations' (the voice of strangers) but they are all none other than the modern day fruits of modern day Hugh Broughtons. Worst of all, most of them are simply dumbed down 'in common language' versions (based on the critical text with all its pollution), similar to what Dr. Edward Harwood produced in 1768.

If Eric was truly interested in an answer to his question, he would actually be looking for the answer...

Peace and Love,
Stephen

EDIT: this is one of my favorite places to send people who actually are looking for answers: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...king_james.htm

Last edited by stephanos; 09-23-2008 at 04:57 PM.