View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I agree that Jesus can be both in Heaven and on earth at the same time. He is omnipresent but I do not agree with the Word on man made paper and man made ink is Jesus. He is the Word but we can not create Him. I have heard that the KJV is a living, breathing book. It is not only the Word of God but it is God. I can not agree with this if that is where you are going with this.
I have never in my life ever encountered or read anywhere an instance of a Bible Believer/Defender saying the Bible was "God". The foundation of Mormonism is that each Mormon male will become a "God". I've heard Herbert W. Armstrong of the WWCOG and Benny Hinn both say as part of His Body we are "God". John makes it clear in John 1:1 that Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the embodiment of His words, but this fallible paper and leather bound copy of His words I have is in no wise "God". I was rooting through a local used bookstore for Bibles and versions when the local Catholic priest accused me of having a "paper Pope" and I agreed enthusiastically with him, that mine IS sinless and infallible, his ISN'T.

The accusation that we Bible Believers/Defenders bow down and offer worship to a book is the ancient Jesuit argument of Dialectic Materialism of Democritus, "form, substance, essence" gobbldegook while lost souls fall into hell each day.

I think we all, pro and con, need to read and renew our minds on the following passages:

Psalms 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
5 His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

James 5:4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
Leviticus 19:13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
1Corinthians 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. (emphasis added)

Rom. 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I do believe that before we try to defraud a Christian of their faith that they hold the pure and complete words of God in their hands, we as believers need to be aware of the fact the admonition of the "things written aforetime" and the things written to us today that all these Scriptures hang over our heads.

I'm so thankful for men like John R. RIce, John MacArthur, Doug Kutilek, and Ignatious Loyola who have condescended to men of lower estate like me in their defense of the original mauscripts. Now, according to Romans 10:17 I'd like to see those original manuscripts so that I can be reconciled to God.

I am thankful we have intellect. I've never seen an atheist reconciled to God by the onotological arguments for the existence of God. I've never seen a drunk janitor on the street ministry reconciled to God by the science of textual criticism. The only sinners I ever saw who were reconciled to God(myself included) were done so by hearing the words of God, which are given by inspiration of God. I discovered I have an exact copy of those words given to me, which are the exact copy of the original manuscripts, in my language of course.

Grace and peace, much fruit to you my friends.

Tony