View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 AM

John,

That was a very good post my friend. I also am a I am a dispensationalist, I think anyone must be unless they have a very bad understanding of the Bible and how to apply what parts of the Bible apply to you and what parts of the Bible do not apply to you.

This is a basic short outline I obtained from Dr. Billy Kanoy many years ago. He preached on this issue and gave the best short lesson on the topic I have ever heard in my life. Sadly Dr. Kanoy is no longer with us to help folks like me learn more about God's Word. I have yet to see anyone have a shorter and better outline on the dispensations than Dr. Billy Kanoy. He gave out many copies of this simple yet wonderful outline.

Go check out Dr. Billy Kanoy at the link below. For some odd reason he never got really big in Baptist circles. I have no idea as to why, he is one of the smartest preachers I have ever listened to in my life.

http://www.preacherscorner.org/kanoy.htm

This is the best link for Dr. Kanoy's sermons, this link has more of them.

http://johnnythebaptist.com/badf2.html

Oh how we need 10,00 men of God like Dr. Billy Kanoy preaching the truth of God's Word today in our sinful nation today. I would strongly recommend that any Bible student, layman or pastor listen to Dr. Kanoy. He was a brilliant man who knew the Bible better than just about anyone I've ever heard in my life.

Quote:
The 7 Dispensations

The word "dispensation" means "the order of events under Divine Authority." There are 7 Dispensations in Human history between the Eternal Past and the Eternal Future; between the Creation of Man in the 6 days of Genesis 1-2 and the Final Restoration of Man in the New Heavens and the New Earth of Revelation 21-22.

(1) The Dispensation of Innocence: Genesis 2:15-3:21

This age was from the "Creation of Man" and his commission to rule over the Earth and all things therein, to the "Fall of Man" and his expulsion from the "Garden of Eden".

(2) The Dispensation of Conscience: Genesis 3:22-8:14

This age was from the "Fall of Man" and his expulsion from the "Garden of Eden" to the "Flood of Noah," a period of 1,656 years.

(3) The Dispensation of Human Government: Genesis 8:15-11:32

This age was from the"Flood of Noah" to the call of Abraham, a period of 427 years.

(4) The Dispensation of Promise: Genesis 12:1-Exodus 12:37

This age was from the call of Abraham to the Exodus of Israel from Egypt under Moses, a period of 430 years.

(5) The Dispensation of Law: Exodus 12:38- Matthew 2:23; 11:10-13; Luke 16:16

This age was from the Exodus of Israel from Egypt under Moses to the "Preaching of the Kingdom of Heaven" by John the Baptist; or from Moses to the 1st Coming of Jesus Christ, a period of over 1,718 years.

(6) The Dispensation of Grace: Matthew 3:1-Revelation 19:10
This age has lasted already over 1,900 years, from the 1st Coming of Jesus Christ, and it shall continue until the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ in the "Near Future."

(7) The Dispensation Of Divine Government - The Millennium: Revelation 19:11-20:15

This age will cover the period from the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ, to the "Last Rebellion of Satan and Man" on the Earth, a period of 1,000 years.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-14-2008 at 09:32 AM.