View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Revangelist

Pastor Mikie,

I read you lengthy post. If I understand it correctly, you are making my point that the doctrine of eternal security as some believe it is very extreme.

Are you also saying that if you can receive Jesus Christ of your own free will, then you can reject Him just the same. I tend to agree. The question is why would one want to? I don't know, but I've watched it happen.

I know of a pastor who was a sound Biblical teacher, evangelist and as far as anyone could tell, a solid Christian. During the course of a few years, a deacon in the church he was pastoring was being very unchristian like towards his daughter. He left the church, left his wife, became a homosexual and "departed from the faith" because he "gave head to a seducing spirit (among other things)". Is this man still Heaven bound? Those who believe in extreme eternal security say he is, others who believe that way say, "he was never truly saved in the first place".

I think this man walked away from the truth, believed a lie and became a reprobate and is on his way to hell except he repent. And if he wasn't saved in the first place, then what was he?

Last edited by Revangelist; 03-24-2008 at 12:30 PM.