View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
tkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I know they were found in two different languages but what throws me is where did the Greek version come from? Why is the last chapter of Esther so short? Why is God not credited for Him saving his people?

Please don't get me wrong, I am not arguing you. I am not trying to prove the Apocrypha right. I just don't get this part. Thanks for your answer though!
Here is what I have found out on the subject.

Why is it in Greek? From what I can tell its a later addition, many claim that it just was not written and that it was put on paper later after being passed down orally. As far as I am concerned, it is as simple as this man decided that it was outrageous for a book in the Holy Bible to not have the word God in it, so they added to it. God is mentioned 50 times in the additions, from what I can tell I think it was an attempt to add to Esther so it would be seen as more canonnical.

Why is it so short? Well, thats a question for whoever wrote it, I doubt we will ever know that answer till were in Heaven. But again, I believe they just wanted to stick God in there and be done. But I repeat myself.

As for God not being credited, well, I believe God just chose to hide His face. Reading it you understood that God played a role in it, didnt you? So be joyous that God works in our lives even if we do not directly recognize it or claim it.

Just my thoughts.

In Love
-Timothy