View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Default A tract for parents with poem

Okay so here is the tract for parents. Obviously it needs more works Please let me know what you think. God bless.

Attention Parents!!! If You Children Died Today Where Would They Spend Eternity? ( An open letter to parents)

Many parents blindly go through life believing what they were taught as a child. This is no more so than in the matter of religion. Most of us were taught that being a good person, doing good works ie going to church or keeping the commandments would grant us entrance into the pearly gates. Only murderers rapist, child molesters and really bad people go to hell. All good people go to heaven. So the question we must ask ourselves is Am I a good person? Am I good enough to go to heaven? The best way to find out is by looking at God's standard of right and wrong the Ten Commandments. Let's look at a few.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3 Have you always put God first in everything you do? Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; Exodus 20:7 Ever done this? Ever used God's name as a curse word to express disgust? Honour thy father and thy mother: Exodus 20:12 Have you always done this? Have you ever disobeyed your parents, Talked back to them? Thou shalt not steal. Exodus 20:15 Have you ever taken anything that did not belong to you despite of the value Cheated on a test illegally downloaded music off the Internet ? Thou shalt not bear false witness Exodus 20:16 Ever told a lie? Even what some call a “white lie”?

So far we have only looked at five of the Ten Commandments. How are you doing? Still think you are a good person? The bible says As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Rom 3:10 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23 You must admit if you have told one lie you are a liar. If you have used God's name in vain you are a blasphemer. If you have ever stolen you are a thief If you have talked back or did the opposite of what your parents told you you have dishonored them. If you have prayed to a statue or allowed something to come between you and God money sports drugs etc you are guilty of idolatry Still think you are a good person Roman 3:10, 23

Now that we have looked at you what about your children? Have you mistakenly taught them that being good will get them into heaven and therefore damned them to hell. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8,9 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelations 21:8 Has pride caused you to reject looking into th is matter Don't let pride keep you from trusting the bible. You as well as you child's eternal destiny is at stake. May the following poem cause you to trully look into the matter

When I was a child I was taught when I died I would not know where I would go
Would I go to heaven above or to the flames down below
Now that I am grown I still believe what my parents taught me so
Just do good works and go to church and God will take you soul
After all God is good God is love He just hast to let me in
But the bibles says because God's good he hast to punish sin
The bible teaches because God good he must punish fornicators thieves and liars
And sentence them to a place the bible calls the Lake of Fire
For all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory the bible said
Hell's the place we all deserve to go when we are dead
My heart just stopped I just died and now will suffer eternal woe
Oh no I cry what have I done Where will my children go
I yell and scream and grit my teeth and wonder when it'll be
When my children will join me here for all eternity
But there's good news if your reading t his it means it's not too late
For you can repent and trust in Christ and escape this awful fate
For God so loved the world He gave his only begotten Son
He's not willing that any perish no not even one
Just ask him now do not delay For your sins he wants to pay
Don't be a fool and trust in self He is the only way
Just pray right now with all your heart, Call upon Christ today
Boast not thyself of tomorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth Proverbs 27:1