View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:54 AM

Default Re: "Don't tell me what it “means” just tell me what it “says”"

Aloha brother Parrish,

The following quote is from Pastor Lee Spencer (a man with whom Winman agrees; and with whom you said - "I think he brings out some good points on Ultra-dispensationalism".):

Pastor lee Spencer said:
Quote:
"Not only that, but Abraham rejoiced to see his Friend's day. Jesus said he did see it and was glad. I, too, would be extremely glad if in seeing Christ's day, the life of my son was saved from slaughter on the altar! He certainly saw Christ's day in the provision of an adult lamb (a ram) who took his son's place, and died in his son's place. No wonder Abraham could say before the fact and with great confidence that "The Lord will provide himself a sacrifice." Abraham knew more than that for which we give him credit: the untampered Hebrew text expresses that "The Lord will provide himself as a sacrifice." The English translation, when read correctly, causes the "as" to be understood in the context."
Compare what the pastor said with what the Holy Bible (i.e. the King James Bible) SAYS.

The pastor SAID:
Quote:
"No wonder Abraham could say before the fact and with great confidence that "The Lord will provide himself a sacrifice." Abraham knew more than that for which we give him credit: the untampered Hebrew text expresses that "The Lord will provide himself as a sacrifice." The English translation, when read correctly, causes the "as" to be understood in the context." {NO CHANGING or ADDING to the the Holy words of God there?}
The Holy Bible states:
Quote:
Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
I rest my case!