View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Doxa

Default My answer

This is my conclusion when one asks what they need to do to be saved or what does it take or what must they do or believe or ...

Well...

"I believe that ONLY Jesus saves.

What we do in this life demonstrates how much we believe."

That's my quote, and I am sticking to it.

I think of the astonished people who wondered when Jesus said hardly a rich man will enter Heaven---and who can be saved, was asked...
Jesus said only with God, yes?
Some years ago I was in a major discussion on line about our knowledge of doctrine and how important it was to know, etc., but something really hit me with the in depth discussion, that even our knowledge of doctrine will not save us.
And I think about every single Christian that I know, that I had ever come across, that I ever known, even right here on this forum, NOT ONE, no not one believes identically as another individual...for God made us all individuals, and we are all part of the Body of Christ, we are not one big giant eyeball or monstrous nose or something, but all at different levels, different thoughts, different backgrounds. Unfortunately, many do not all count each other Christians, although the world does...Except we might not be so elitist perhaps in times of persecution...or thinking about it spiritually around the Throne of God.
It is like looking at a physical Christian history book, no matter which one one chooses, one pretty much knows how Christianity started, but the end of the book is a free for all, so many thousands upon thousands of denominations, each one having different ideals, the pendulum is wide from one extreme to the other on just about every Christian doctrine. And most new churches probably started by un-reconciliation, arguments, and splits.
So does our knowledge, works, save us? I think we are in trouble, then, actually.

But God looks at the heart. We could even say that there are some places in the Bible that state, who finds salvation, and that is, those who fear HIM.
Which means that they believe in God...and reverence Him.