View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene
We are examining salvation. The so called dispensation of innocence did not require salvation as Adam had not sinned. Salvation was not required until the second dispensation of conscience (I think it is called that). Salvation in this dispensation and all that follow is by grace through faith in Christ alone.
I beg to differ, brother. Salvation in this age (the Church Age, from Calvary to the Rapture) is indeed by grace and grace alone, through faith, with no admixture - - - not the slightest admixture - - - of works. That is rock-solid, basic Bible doctrine.

But it is a mistake to say that such will be the case "in all (ages) that follow." It will certainly not be the case during the Tribulation, when a man or woman is saved by enduring to the end (Mtt. 10:22). This endurance requires faith in Jesus Christ, plus works: Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (Rev. 22:14). An example of not "enduring to the end" would be taking the mark of the Beast: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name (Rev. 14:9-11). Some say, "Well, a Christian wouldn't (or couldn't) take the mark, or worship the Beast." No? Then why does the context - - - in fact, the very next verse - - - say, Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Of course, I'm only addressing the Tribulation in this post, not the situation in the Old Testament. That's another matter. But it's pretty clear that salvation in this age, and salvation in the Tribulation, are conditioned on dramatically different things.