View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Bro George
Where I disagree, and perhaps I misunderstand you, is that from the beginning of Acts, the Lord had also determined the gospel would go to the Gentiles.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Acts 1:8 should be read in the light of the following Scriptures:

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 24:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

It is clear then from above that:
1. They are to preach the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM to all nations.
2. They are to preach the gospel of the kingdom WITH SIGNS following.
3. They are to preach the gospel of the kingdom BEGINNING AT JERUSALEM.
Acts 1:8 should be read in this context.

Notice, under Grace:
1. We are to preach the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD to all the world.
2. NO SIGNS are required to preach the gospel of the grace of God.
3. We can begin ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.

Hope this sheds some light.