View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
Sabbath means rest....Christ is our Sabbath, He is our Rest. We keep Him everyday.

Israel is the family of God....His chosen. By belief in Him we are adopted into the family...we become Israel.
Israel is a God given name to Jacob.

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Genesis 35:10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

The Children of Israel became a nation of God.

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
2 Samuel 7:23 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?

Israel is still Israel even today. Gentile is still Gentile even of today. Filipino is still Filipino of today. But since I've been "born again", I became member of the Family of God (not an Israelite) by virtue of John 1:12.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Praise the Lord!!!